[egenix-users] db2 related question

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Thu Feb 25 17:35:55 CET 2010

Fernando wrote:
> Actually I spoke too soon. The main problem is in the existing Python
> references in the Zope frontend. DB2 returns everything in capitals and
> something in python like record["BuildCode"] will not work...

True.

You'd have to use all lower or all upper case letters for
the dictionary access - or use positional access to avoid any
such issues.

Unfortunately, the Zope Results and Record classes (see
Shared/DC/ZRDB/Results.py and the Zope Record package)
don't support case-insensitive field access.

Regards,

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Feb 25 2010)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/