[egenix-users] mx.ODBC error: Invalid Descriptor Index

Alexandre Fayolle alexandre.fayolle at logilab.fr
Thu Apr 15 20:56:56 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 13 April 2010 12:03:27 M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> """
> * For any ODBC or Transact-SQL statement containing a parameter in a HAVING
>  clause, or compared to the result of a SUM function.
> * For any ODBC or Transact-SQL statement depending on a subquery containing
>  parameters.

So this would be why I get a failure for

SELECT DISTINCT rel_require_permission0.eid_to
FROM require_permission_relation AS rel_require_permission0
WHERE rel_require_permission0.eid_from=?
AND NOT EXISTS(SELECT 1 FROM require_permission_relation AS
rel_require_permission1 WHERE rel_require_permission1.eid_from=?
AND rel_require_permission0.eid_to=rel_require_permission1.eid_to)

correct?

> Since SQL Server's ODBC driver supports SQL type binding, this
> is what mxODBC uses per default.
>
> cursor.executedirect() is a way to work around that default on
> a per-statement basis. It forces mxODBC to use Python type binding
> for that statement.

But if I read the documentation correctly, doing this won't prepare the
statement, which will worsen the perfs if the statement is reused a lot.

Formations Python, CubicWeb, Debian :  http://www.logilab.fr/formations
Développement logiciel sur mesure :      http://www.logilab.fr/services