[egenix-users] Issues building mxBase on OS X 10.6

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Thu Sep 10 02:24:19 CEST 2009

david wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm having problems installing mxBase on my new Snow Leopard system.
> It doesn't matter if I start with a binary package or from source, the
> result is the same.

This is a problem with Python and some assumptions made by distutils
which are no longer true for Mac OS X 10.6.

While I've seen a few patches go in for Python 2.6, I don't think they'll
be backported to 2.5.

The mention of the 10.4 SDK in the sysroot parameter looks strange.
Perhaps that causes the problems ?!