[egenix-users] buildout for mxzopeda

Cliff Quinn cliffq at islandwood.org
Wed May 13 19:04:37 CEST 2009

I've had a couple of licenses for the mxzopeda for years and have been
happy with the robust performance. It has always been a harder product
to install tho, and since buildouts, it seems to be worse.

This is my situation: I've just upgraded from a 3.1 something plone
install to

    *  Plone 3.2.2

    * CMF 2.1.2

    * Zope (Zope 2.10.7-final, python 2.4.5, linux2)

    * Python 2.4.5 (#1, Apr 22 2009, 09:47:25) [GCC 4.2.4 (Ubuntu

    * PIL 1.1.6

using the unified installer.

I used the collective.recipe.mxzopeda 0.1 from pypi.python.org, and
somewhat followed instructions:

I put a mxzopeda section in my buildout.cfg parts

parts =

I copied and pasted the mxzopeda section in the buildout from pypi:

recipe = collective.recipe.mxzopeda
license-key = puty-ourl-icen-seco-dehe-repl-ease
licsenses-archive = mxzopeda-licenses.zip

When I ran buildout on this (after putting my license-key in the right
place), it failed with the message that it couldn't find the license
file. NOTE THE TYPO (licsenses) in the instructions!

Changed this, and it appears to successfully install.

>Updating productdistros.

>Installing mxzopeda.

>mxzopeda: Installing mx.ODBC.ZopeDA license xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

In the event.log, there is one message: WARNING OFS.Uninstalled Could
not import class 'ZopeConnection' from module

mxZopeDA is not installed in the Zope Products control panel

mxZopeDA objects appear broken ((This object from the mxODBCZopeDA
product is broken!)

We went through something similar when I installed this for the last
buildout (Plone 3.1x). The  mxzopeda product appears installed in a bit
of a strange place (in the $instance/parts directory). That's all that I
know. Our databases are broken again. Please help!

Thanks very much -

Cliff Quinn, IT Manager

4450 Blakely Avenue NE

Bainbridge Island WA 98110

The mission of IslandWood is to provide exceptional learning experiences
and to inspire lifelong environmental and community stewardship.