[egenix-users] mx.ODBCConnect vs mx.ODBC, why am I seeing differences

Tentin Quarantino tentin.quarantino at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 14:39:17 CET 2009

Hi!

>> Could the null UID cause a problem for mx.ODBCConnect?
>
> Yes.
>
> It is possible that the Access driver defaults to the login name
> of the user accessing the database on the server. Since the mxODBC
> Connect Server runs as service, the user account name is different
> than the one you use to log in to the machine.
>
> To prevent such problems, always provide a full UID in the connection
> string.

As I am accessing the database of a 3rd party,
then I would need to persuade the 3rd party to
use a username. Thanks for the advice.

It was not until I tried using a different Windows
box, that I was able to get things to work.
It would appear your speculation regarding the cause
is likely correct.

Cheers!