[egenix-users] mx.ODBCConnect vs mx.ODBC, why am I seeing differences

Tentin Quarantino tentin.quarantino at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 15:16:07 CET 2009

Hi,

Perhaps I need perspective from other users.

I am experiencing different behavior with the same "driverString" when
running the two packages "mx.ODBCConnect" and "mx.ODBC"?

Here is a brief summary:

#
# mx.ODBC test code
#
import mx.ODBC.Windows as odbc
# initialize "driverString" with exact same value as test code below
db = odbc.DriverConnect(driverString)
# Open a cursor
cursor = db.cursor()

# -------------------------------

#
# mx.ODBCConnect test code
#

from mx.ODBCConnect.Client import ServerSession
session = ServerSession(config_file=myConfig)
server = session.open()
# assume successful connection to the mxODBC Connect Server
# initialize "driverString" with exact same value as test code above
db = server.DriverConnect(driverString)
# Open a cursor
cursor = db.cursor()

# -------------------------------

In both tests above, the "driverString" is same exact code.
The "driverString" is a common form.
DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=C:\MyAccessDB.mdb;UID=;PWD=secrt

It works with mx.ODBC.

The second one generates an authentication error:
mx.ODBCConnect.Error.ProgrammingError: ('42000', -1905,
'[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Not a valid password.',
10102)

What should I investigate to solve this problem?

Could the null UID cause a problem for mx.ODBCConnect?

Any recommendations welcome! :)

Cheers!