[egenix-users] getting around install with py2.4 not found in registry

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Wed Mar 4 21:20:44 CET 2009

On 2009-03-04 20:11, Craig Hall wrote:
> I'm running on WinXP (32 bit), and in the process of moving from python 2.2
> to 2.4 and trying to install the mxDateTime library
>
> Have downloaded egenix-mx-base-3.1.2.win32-py2.4.exe
>
> When trying to install, receive error that "Python version 2.4 required,
> which was not found in the registry."

How did you install Python on the system ?

The standard python.org installer will create all necessary
registry entries for you... unless you are seeing this bug:

http://bugs.python.org/issue4567

Try using 7-zip: http://www.7-zip.org/

> What's the correct method to install?

The wininst installer assumes that you have the standard python.org
version of Python installed.

> Can I fake the appropriate registry entry with regedit?

Probably, but I'm not sure what these are, only their path:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Python\PythonCore\<version>

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Mar 04 2009)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/