[egenix-users] InterfaceError: HY024

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Fri Jun 5 14:17:31 CEST 2009

Tentin Quarantino wrote:
> Hello,
> Recently, this error started to display:
> -----
> File "mx/ODBCConnect/Common/ProxyObjects.py", line 1319, in process_response
> mx.ODBCConnect.Error.InterfaceError: ('HY024', -1023,
> "[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] '(unknown)' is not a valid
> path.  Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you
> are connected to the server on which the file resides.", 10102)
> ###
> I thought to ask here in case it was a common error.
> Is this saying that the database file is missing somehow?
> Could it be locked, as in another application possibly has locked it?

This sounds like a permissions problem. Make sure that you define
the DSN as a system DSN and that the service account under which
mxODBC Connect Server runs has access to this DSN and/or Access

Here's something Google returns for the above error:

That discussion there suggests a problem with the authentication management
used for the Access DB.

Marc-Andre Lemburg

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jun 05 2009)
2009-06-29: EuroPython 2009, Birmingham, UK                23 days to go