[egenix-users] HTML documentation for our products

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Tue Jul 21 23:45:28 CEST 2009

For a long while (ever since we dropped support for the 2.0 series
of the eGenix mx products) we have only had PDF documentation for
our products.

This was mainly due to trying to streamline our documentation
development and moving away from hand-coding HTML like we did
in the days of mx Base 1.x and 2.x and using MS Word or OpenOffice
to write the docs.

Some users have complained about this and we've listened.

Using mxTidy, elementtree and a few scripts, we've now managed to
transform the office application HTML exports into more or less
sane XHTML.

We're currently converting the docs one by one to HTML and putting
them online. These are the first few attempts:

mxODBC:
http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxODBC/doc/

mxODBC Connect:
http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxODBCConnect/doc/
http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxODBCConnect/doc/mxodbc/

mxDateTime:
http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxBase/mxDateTime/doc/

mxTextTools:
http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxBase/mxTextTools/doc/

mxODBC Zope DA:
http://www.egenix.com/products/zope/mxODBCZopeDA/doc/
http://www.egenix.com/products/zope/mxODBCZopeDA/doc/mxodbc/

Over time, we'll add more converted HTML files and also improve
the quality of the conversion some more (provided we find some
clever AI library for Python that understand the infinite
wisdom of the MS Word Export function).

Enjoy,

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jul 21 2009)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/