[egenix-users] Invalid cursor state

Charlie Clark charlie at egenix.com
Tue Jul 14 19:49:32 CEST 2009

Am 14.07.2009, 17:48 Uhr, schrieb Dan Fairs <dan.fairs at gmail.com>:

> Hi Charlie,
>  Good to meet you at EuroPython!

Indeed. Still planning to add another answer to your report about the
distinct lack of Zope/Plone talks at EP.

>  I would just add that we never recommend FreeTDS for production
> environments.
>  What would you normally recommend?

In a pure Python environment then mxODBC Connect - avoid all that messy
configuration of managers, drivers and firewalls. We will hopefully soon
be releasing a Zope version of this. What Zope version are you on as it
looks as if we're going to have to choose between Zope >= 2.12 and earlier
because of the move to eggs.

Other than that then "proper" drivers from Openlink, et al. By proper I
mean avoid the "instant" or "lite" versions as these tend to be wrappers
around JDBC drivers and have their own problems.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark

                http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/