[egenix-users] Invalid cursor state

Dan Fairs dan.fairs at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 17:15:35 CEST 2009

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply.

> Since you are using FreeTDS, you can also try enabling TDS tracing
> which will have very low-level details about the error...
>
> Edit ~/.freetds.conf and enable these settings in the [global]
> section:
>
> [global]
> 	# Whether to write a TDSDUMP file for diagnostic purposes
> 	# (setting this to /tmp is insecure on a multi-user system)
> 	dump file = /tmp/freetds.log
> 	debug level = 10

Great - I didn't know about that, thanks.

> This sounds a lot like a bug somewhere in FreeTDS or unixODBC
> or perhaps a connection problem that causes the cursor to
> get invalidated.
>
> Have you tried using the latest unixODBC version ?

Not yet - we've just stuck to what's in the distribution's
repositories, since that's the baseline already installed on the
production servers. I'll experiment with a newer version, though.

Cheers,
Dan

--
Dan Fairs <dan.fairs at gmail.com> | http://www.fezconsulting.com/