[egenix-users] ANN: eGenix pyOpenSSL Distribution 0.8.0-0.9.8j-1

eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg info at egenix.com
Fri Jan 30 13:29:45 CET 2009

ANNOUNCING

                   eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution

                        Version 0.8.0-0.9.8j-1

             An easy to install and use repackaged distribution
               of the pyOpenSSL Python interface for OpenSSL -
                  available on Windows and Unix platforms

This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:
http://www.egenix.com/company/news/eGenix-pyOpenSSL-Distribution-0.8.0-0.9.8j-1-GA.html

INTRODUCTION

The eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution includes everything you need to
get started with SSL in Python. It comes with an easy to use installer
that includes the most recent OpenSSL library versions in pre-compiled
form.

pyOpenSSL is an open-source Python add-on (http://pyopenssl.sf.net/)
that allows writing SSL aware networking applications as well as
certificate management tools.

OpenSSL is an open-source implementation of the SSL protocol
(http://www.openssl.org/).

For more information, please see the product page:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/pyOpenSSL/

NEWS

This fourth release of the eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution upgrades
the included OpenSSL libs to version 0.9.8j, which fixes a vulnerability
found in earlier OpenSSL releases of the 0.9.8 branch: CVE-2008-5077
(http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2008-5077).

We have also enabled zlib compression support in OpenSSL for both the
Linux and Windows builds, so OpenSSL client/servers can now negotiate
on-the-fly zlib compression for SSL connections.

Binaries are available for Linux x86 and x64 as well as Windows x86
and include pyOpenSSL 0.8.0 as well as pre-compiled and tested
OpenSSL 0.9.8j libraries.

DOWNLOADS

The download archives and instructions for installing the package can
be found at:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/pyOpenSSL/

UPGRADING

Before installing this version of pyOpenSSL, please make sure that
you uninstall any previously installed pyOpenSSL version. Otherwise,
you could end up not using the included OpenSSL libs.

SUPPORT

Commercial support for these packages is available from eGenix.com.
Please see

    http://www.egenix.com/services/support/

for details about our support offerings.

Enjoy,

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jan 30 2009)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/