[egenix-users] installation successful?

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Fri Jan 23 11:49:35 CET 2009

On 2009-01-22 12:10, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> On 2009-01-22 00:32, Tentin Quarantino wrote:
>> Hello egenix users!
>>
>> I was seeking the documentation; then realize installer may have failed.
>>
>> According to this: Documentation for the packages included in the
>> eGenix mx Base Distribution is provided in form of PDF files. These
>> get installed as part of the installation process and reside in the
>> mx/Doc/ folder.
>>
>> So I wonder if the installation was correct. How to determine this?
>> The install transcript is on Mac OS version 10.5.6.
>>
>> $ python -V
>> Python 2.5.1
>>
>> $ ls
>> COPYRIGHT               README                  egenix_mx_base.pyc
>>  mxSetup.pyc
>> LICENSE                 bdist_zope.bat          installer.bmp
>>  setup.cfg
>> MANIFEST                build                   mx                      setup.py
>> PKG-INFO                egenix_mx_base.py       mxSetup.py
>>  wininst.bat
>>
>> $ python setup.py install --home=/Users/tquarantino
>> running install
>> running build
>> found usable build data file 'build/build-py2.5_ucs2.pck'
>> skipping the build process and reusing the existing build files and data
>> restoring build data from a previous build run
>> running install_lib
>> running build_ext
>> warning: mx_install_lib: 'build/lib.macosx-10.5-i386-2.5_ucs2' does
>> not exist -- no Python modules to install
>> running install_data
>> running install_egg_info
>> Removing /Users/tquarantino/lib/python/egenix_mx_base-3.1.1-py2.5.egg-info
>> Writing /Users/tquarantino/lib/python/egenix_mx_base-3.1.1-py2.5.egg-info
>
> We are building those packages on Mac OS X 10.4, so perhaps the
> different OS version number is causing the problem.
>
> Thanks for letting us know. We'll have a look and get back
> to you.
>
> In the meantime, please download the source package and try
> running:
>
> $ python setup.py install --home=/Users/tquarantino

It turns out that the solution to the problem requires some changes
to the way we restore the pre-built information during the installation.

We will release a new version of egenix-mx-base to address this.

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jan 23 2009)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/