[egenix-users] Error Msg: 'NoneType' object is not callable" in <bound method mxODBC_Connection.__del__ of

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Thu Feb 19 10:42:29 CET 2009

On 2009-02-19 10:18, Senthil Kumaran wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 3:43 AM, M.-A. Lemburg <mal at egenix.com> wrote:
>> The server will only
>> shutdown the real connection to the database if it sees
>> a .close() method call from the client side (or finds a
>> timeout).
>>
>> While you can rely on the fact that the conneection
>> object deallocation will implicitly close the connection,
>> you do have to be careful about how you manage references
>> to the connection object. Otherwise, the connections are
>> not closed when you think they should be closed.
>
> Just to make sure that I don't forget to inform you.
> The Documentation on the mxODBC Connect does not mention the need of
> explicit close of session and connection objects. I think, this can be
> improved in the mxODBC Connect Documentation.

Yes.

We'll add more information about this to the 1.0.1 release
which will also include the changes we have already sent you
in private email to make the client and server more robust
in situations where the client side modules are in process of
being shutdown and it's possible that the final message doesn't
make it through to the server.

The new release is scheduled for next week.

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Feb 19 2009)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/