[egenix-users] Cannot build debug version of mx-base

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Thu Dec 10 19:56:07 CET 2009

Philip Rooke wrote:

>> Further investigation has revealed the real cause of the problem
>> (I think):
>>
>> This is not related to tar or zip, it's related to running the
>> setup.py script twice within the same extracted source archive.
>>
>> The first time runs through fine, the second time you get the
>> error. This appears to be related to the build pickle that we
>> use to save build information between runs:
>>

> I guess this is possible.  I first installed the base package using the
> Macports infrastructure.   But the Macports package does not expose the
> debug configure option as, what they call, a variant of the package build.
>  So at that point I installed it by hand, first with the tar.gz download
> from your web site.  That produced the error you have seen.  I tried the
> .zip download on your suggestion and that did work although that was perhaps
> a timing coincidence.
>
> Anyway it all seems fine now.

BTW, there's also another way to debug tag tables you might
want to use.

You can insert function calls into the table which then output the
current state using the CallArg command:

def debug(data, x, end, *args):
    print ...

table = (
    (None, CallArg, (debug, 'parsing number'), +1),
)

After debugging, you then just comment them out to get full speed
again.

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Dec 10 2009)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/