[egenix-users] RE: eclipse unresovled import and print_resultset

Charlie Clark charlie at egenix.com
Sat Aug 29 13:01:15 CEST 2009

Am 29.08.2009, 05:08 Uhr, schrieb Raful CIV Mitchell H
<RAFULMH at usmc-mccs.org>:

> In Eclipse, I get an unresolved import using mx.ODBC.unixODBC.  I also
> noticed that the install placed everything in
> /usr/local/lib64/site-packages instead of the system wide
> ‘/usr/lib64/python 2.6/site-packages’.  Is there something I can do to
> configure the install directory in advance.

Both /usr/lib and /usr/local/lib (or /opt/local on some systems) are
system-wide. The convention is that user installed packages go into
/usr/local rather than straight /usr to avoid conflicts with system
installs. Install directories can be configured but I'm slightly confused
as to where your Python 2.6 is. What OS and distribution are you using?

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark

                 http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/