[egenix-users] error installing mx base

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Mon Aug 10 20:46:35 CEST 2009

Steven Coleman-Williams wrote:
> I am trying to transport a system from a development server to production
> one, and need mx.DateTime installed to do so. When trying to install it I
> get the following output and errors. If anyone can shed some light on this
> for me I would be most thankful!!
>

> Can anyone please help and suggest why I am unable to install the package
> please. I have provided the command I’ve used and the output given.
>

> Command: python setup.py install
>

> Output:
>
> running install
>
> no build data file 'build/build-py2.4_ucs2.pck' found

If you downloaded a prebuilt archive, then please check whether
the Python version you are using with Zope matches the archive
you've downloaded.

The above line should not print and the setup.py should not
try to build anything if you are using the correct prebuilt
archive.

These combinations are possible for Python on Linux:

 * UCS2 vs. UCS4
 * 32-bit vs. 64-bit

If you're not using a prebuilt archive, please check your Python
installation, since these lines suggests that something is
wrong with it:

> checking compiler for bad static forward handling
>
> gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes
> -fPIC -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -I/opt/Zope-2.10.6-final/Python-2.4.5/Include
> -I/usr/local/include -c _configtest.c -o _configtest.o
>
> In file included from _configtest.c:1:
>
> /opt/Zope-2.10.6-final/Python-2.4.5/Include/Python.h:8:22: error:
> pyconfig.h: No such file or directory
>
> In file included from
> /opt/Zope-2.10.6-final/Python-2.4.5/Include/Python.h:55,
>
>                  from _configtest.c:1:
>
> /opt/Zope-2.10.6-final/Python-2.4.5/Include/pyport.h:616:2: error: #error
> "LONG_BIT definition appears wrong for platform (bad gcc/glibc config?)."
>
> failure.
>
> removing: _configtest.c _configtest.o

pyconfig.h should always be available.

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Aug 10 2009)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/