[egenix-users] Re: Attribute error while using mx.ODBCConnect.Client.ServerSession

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Tue Apr 7 11:39:34 CEST 2009

On 2009-04-06 22:16, Baiju M wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Baiju M <mbaiju at zeomega.net> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>    I am getting an attribute error like this.  Can anyone
>> give me a pointer why this occur ?  I am using 1.0.1 version
>> of mxODBCConnect.

>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>  File "<console>", line 1, in <module>
>>  File "mx/ODBCConnect/Client/ServerSession.py", line 134, in __repr__
>> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'connection'
>>

>> This is the config file:
>>
>> [Logging]
>> log_file = client.log
>>
>> [Connection_Local]
>>
>> host = 192.168.2.205
>> port = 6632
>> using_ssl = 0
>>
>> [Communication]
>> server_connections = Connection_Local
>>
>> [Authentication]
>> [Session]
>
> This happens when I try from command line, it worked
> for me when I typed it in one file and ran.

Thanks for the report.

repr() tries to open connection and this fails if the connection
to the server has not been opened yet.

We'll fix this in mxODBC Connect 1.0.2.

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Apr 07 2009)
2009-03-19: Released mxODBC.Connect 1.0.1      http://python.egenix.com/

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/