[egenix-users] Speeding up ODBC Connection

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Fri Sep 12 23:23:45 CEST 2008

On 2008-09-12 21:49, Minh-Long Pham wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running mxODBC on a machine that remotely connects to the server,
> and when I'm executing scripts, it takes 20 minutes longer than it would
> on the server itself.
> Is there any way to speed up the connection?

Without more details about the used database backend, server and client
platforms as well as ODBC driver, there's nothing much we can do to
help.

Some drivers allow tweaking the way pre-fetching and network packet
sizes are handled, thus reducing the number of network round-trips.

You might also want to check whether mxODBC Connect is faster for your
setup:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxODBCConnect/

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Sep 12 2008)