[egenix-users] re: Plone 3.1, Buildout, and MX ODBC Zope DA

Israel Carr icarr at compx.com
Tue Oct 21 11:53:53 CEST 2008

> Cliff
>
> If you are using the collective.recipe from svn you are going to drive

> yourself nuts... It took me 2 weeks to figure out that that recipe is

> just for the python mx product. We need Zope version.
>
> here's what i did and it is working great. not sure where you are at:
>
> make sure that you have Unix ODBC installed and functioning.
>
> download the MX ODBC Zope DA product from engenix. Make sure you use
> the correct version UC 2 or 4.
>
> license file has to be placed within /opt/Plone-3.1/zeocluster/ as
> mxodbc-licenses.zip
>
> Unzip it in any directory. move the mx folder to your src directory
> under /opt/Plone-3.1/zeocluster/src
>
> Under Zopey I added the following. (Zopey = zope instance's python
> interpreter located at /opt/Plone-3.1/Python-2.4/bin/python)
>
> extra-paths = ${zope2:location}/lib/python
> 		     src/mx
>
> This way python can find the mx parts to function.
> >
> Now move mxODBCZopeDA folder to the products folder.
> > >
> Make sure permissions on all files are the same as you plone user
> (guessing chown -R plone:plone *)
>
> restart zeo/zope etc and check you products setup in the control panel

> looking for mxODBCZopeDA & mx (not sure if that shows up) or look at
> the page of your database connection in the zmi.
>
> hope that helps..
>
> Regards
>
> Eric Tyrer

When following the above advice I am unable to get my instance to start.
When trying to start the instance I get:
    "ImportError: cannot import name TextTools"
>From zopepy I can see that mx is being imported from:
    /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/mx
Instead of the src/mx folder in my buildout.  Any ideas?

Here is my [zopepy] section from buildout.cfg:
    [zopepy]
    recipe = zc.recipe.egg
    eggs = ${instance:eggs}
    interpreter = zopepy
    extra-paths =
        ${zope2:location}/lib/python
        ${buildout:directory}/src/mx
        src/mx
    scripts = zopepy

Is there a better way to get mxODBCZopeDA working with buildout?
Is there more information I should include to make this easier to
troubleshoot?

Thanks for any advice.
Israel