[egenix-users] Plone 3.1, Buildout, and MX ODBC Zope DA

Eric S Tyrer II etyrer at york.cuny.edu
Thu May 22 11:49:47 CEST 2008

Cliff

If you are using the collective.recipe from svn you are going to drive
yourself nuts... It took me 2 weeks to figure out that that recipe is
just for the python mx product. We need Zope version.

here's what i did and it is working great. not sure where you are at:

make sure that you have Unix ODBC installed and functioning.

download the MX ODBC Zope DA product from engenix. Make sure you use
the correct version UC 2 or 4.

license file has to be placed within /opt/Plone-3.1/zeocluster/ as
mxodbc-licenses.zip

Unzip it in any directory. move the mx folder to your src directory
under /opt/Plone-3.1/zeocluster/src

Under Zopey I added the following. (Zopey = zope instance's python
interpreter located at /opt/Plone-3.1/Python-2.4/bin/python)

extra-paths = ${zope2:location}/lib/python
		        src/mx

This way python can find the mx parts to function.

Now move mxODBCZopeDA folder to the products folder.

Make sure permissions on all files are the same as you plone user
(guessing chown -R plone:plone *)

restart zeo/zope etc and check you products setup in the control panel
looking for mxODBCZopeDA & mx (not sure if that shows up) or look at
the page of your database connection in the zmi.

hope that helps..

Regards

Eric Tyrer

----
Eric S. Tyrer II
Web Systems Manager
York College | The City University of New York
94-20 Guy R. Brewer Blvd.- Academic Core - STE 1H14
Jamaica, NY 11451
(P) 718-262-2466
(C) 347-393-6507

Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment
where excellence is expected. - Steven P. Jobs

Dimidium facti qui coepit habet; sapere aude; incipe ! - Quintus
Horatius Flaccus (Horace)