[egenix-users] Still can't install mxODBCZopeDA on plone 3.1.1 buildout

Cliff Quinn cliffq at islandwood.org
Wed May 21 22:35:37 CEST 2008

I've been trying for two weeks and have put a lot of time into trying to
get mxodbc running on the above buildout on a Ubuntu 6.06 server on an
i686 machine. I'm really frustrated, but must be very close.

I have, according to previous instructions found here, done these things
in buildout.cfg:

In buildout section:

parts =

##added src/collective.recipe.mxodbc after downloading from
http://svn.plone.org/svn /collective.recipe.mxodbc/
<http://svn.plone.org/svn%20/collective.recipe.mxodbc/>  into the src

develop =

##added collective.recipe.mxodbc for the mxodbc egg

eggs =

##And had to add mxodbc-licenses.zip to the build dir

##added for mxodbc to:

extra-paths =

##added this part as per

##with real key number

recipe = collective.recipe.mxodbc

license-key = 0000-0000-0000-0000-0000-0000

##added for mxodbc

extra-paths =

I've downloaded the mxODBCZopeDA package from your site, and put it in
the buildout/products directory.

This seems to all compile ok when I run bin/buildout, but when I run the
site I get the following error message:

  File "Products/mxODBCZopeDA/ZopeDA.py", line 246, in find_subpackages

ImportError: no usable mxODBC subpackage found: iODBC: libiodbc.so.2:
cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory; unixODBC:
initialization of module mxODBC failed
(mx.ODBC.unixODBC.LicenseError:mx.ODBC.license is not a license for
product version 3.0.1)

There is a license.py and.txt in the parts/mxodbc/mx/ODBC apparently
placed there by the buildout

Can you please help me figure this out - I've spent waay too much time
on this.

Cliff Quinn, IT Manager

4450 Blakely Avenue NE

Bainbridge Island WA 98110

The mission of IslandWood is to provide exceptional learning experiences
and to inspire lifelong environmental and community stewardship.