[egenix-users] insert fails with no error

Joel Bard jbard at wyeth.com
Thu Jul 17 16:49:44 CEST 2008

Hi-

I'm connecting from linux x86_64 to a sqlserver2005 instance using mxODBC 3.0.1 with unixODBC.  I'm able to retrieve data with no problem.  When I try a simple insert:

        c=db.cursor()
        p1="test"
        p2="mxodbc test"
        c.execute("insert into bug" + \
                  " (UIElement,Description)" + \
                  "values (?,?)" \
                  ,(p1,p2) \
                  )

c.rowcount is 1 but the row is not present in the table.  If I execute the same sql command using isql it works.  The table uses an autoincrement key column and values for the key are consumed even though the record is not being created.  c.messages is empty.  The same behavior is seen regardless of whether parameters are used and regardless of wether I use execute or executedirect.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joel