[egenix-users] unable to trace ODBC usage

Peter Bengtsson peter at fry-it.com
Mon Jan 21 13:37:45 CET 2008

I've got a DSN entry that looks like this in /etc/odbc.ini

Driver       = FreeTDS
Description  = Connecting to VAUKLive_dev
Trace        = Yes
TraceFile    = /tmp/vauklive_dev-freetds.log
Server       =
Database     = VSODMS1_3
Pooling      = No

I've tried restarting Apache, restarting Zope and opening, closing,
opening and using the connection object in Zope. Nothing starts the
trace. The file /tmp/vauklive_dev-freetds.log is never written!

To prove to myself that this is the right DSN and the right server and
config file and everything I changed "Database     = VSODMS1_3" to
"Database     = VSODMS1_3XXXXX" and then I get an obvious error when
trying to open the connection.

Any idea anyone?

Peter Bengtsson,
work www.fry-it.com