[egenix-users] Help on building python-egenix-mx-base

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Fri Dec 26 16:42:40 CET 2008

I'm not sure I understand: distutils gets its LDFLAGS from the
Python installation when compiling and linking Python extensions
and uses the same flags as those used for the installation
of Python itself.

Is the libdl needed for the new mx.Tools.dlopen() API ?

On 2008-12-26 03:06, Funda Wang wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm currently building python-egenix-mx-base in Mandriva Linux, where
> its LDFLAGS defaults to " -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,--no-undefined
> -Wl,-z,relro".
> Maybe you could merge this patch regarding linking against libm and libdl:
> http://svn.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/packages/cooker/python-egenix-mx-base/current/SOURCES/egenix-mx-base-fix_underlinking.diff

Marc-Andre Lemburg

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Dec 26 2008)
2008-12-02: Released mxODBC.Connect 1.0.0      http://python.egenix.com/