[egenix-users] Unsupported ISO format string

David Huard david.huard at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 19:27:54 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I just wanted to point out that the Date parser in mx.DateTime does not
seem to interpret correctly the hour field in the following ISO string:

In [10]: dt.DateFrom('1979-01-01T01')
Out[10]: <mx.DateTime.DateTime object for '1979-01-01 00:00:00.00' at
2aaab2688870>

The problem is related to the fact that the minute group is not optional.
Putting it optional doesn't solve the problem since the regular
expression relies on the presence of : to identify the time string, which
is absent in this case.

Unless I'm wrong, this use case is ISO 8601 compliant.

I patched my local copy, but let's say it's a rather ugly hack based on
adding an isoT regular expression.

Regards,

David Huard

Please CC to my personal email.