[egenix-users] Problems moving to mxTextTools 3.0

Peter egenix-users at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Sep 13 13:13:21 CEST 2007

Over at Biopython we have a problem with the move from mxTextTools 2.0
to mxTextTools 3.0, specifically in Andrew Dalke's "Martel" parsing
engine, and were wondering if you could help.

Looking at the change log, there are few things that look important:
http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxBase/mxTextTools/changelog.html

Do you have any examples of "recompiling a tag table", which may be the
issue here.

Also could you clarify what is meant by "Removed support for
buffer-compatible input objects"? Does this mean we can't use Python's
StringIO handles?

Thank you,

Peter