[egenix-users] mxodbc and DataDirect driver manager

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Wed Sep 5 13:51:18 CEST 2007

On 2007-09-04 16:51, Sean Davis wrote:
> On 8/30/07, M.-A. Lemburg <mal at egenix.com> wrote:
>> According to this page:
>>
>> http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.dc00190_0500/html/edi50ig/CHDDJCJA.htm
>>
>> the DataDirect ODBC driver provides a libodbc.so file.
>>
>> Simply adding a link from libodbc.so to libodbc.so.1 may be all
>> you need to do.
>>
>> cd <DataDirect directory>/lib
>> ln -sf libodbc.so libodbc.so.1
>> ldconfig
>>
>> You can verify the correct setup by doing a:
>>
>> ldconfig -p | fgrep odbc
>>
>> Then give mx.ODBC.unixODBC a try and see whether this works. If not,
>> we can port mxODBC to the DataDirect manager as suggested in private
>> email.
>

> Mark,
>
> I have purchased the full mxODBC (my trial license expired and I will use it
> for other dbs, also).  I tried the trick that you point out here, but I am
> getting segmentation faults at cur.fetch* after all selects.  Inserts and
> deletes seem to work.  Any other ideas, or can you build for the datadirect
> driver manager?

We can build mxODBC against the DataDirect ODBC driver manager, but
this will be billed as paid support. We will also need access to the
driver package.

According to the eval license on their site, it is not permitted to use
the trial licenses for development, so we'll have to contact DataDirect
to see how we can proceed.

Thanks,

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Sep 05 2007)
2007-09-08: PyCon UK 2007, Birmingham, UK                   2 days to go
2007-08-22: Released mxODBC 3.0.1              http://python.egenix.com/