[egenix-users] ODBC encoding problems

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Sun Oct 28 17:56:28 CET 2007

On 10/28/07, M.-A. Lemburg <mal at egenix.com> wrote:
> Please send the table schema and your freetds.conf entry. Also
> include information of whether you're using the default mxODBC
> configuration or one of the Unicode support modes.

Default configuration is used (using UNICODE_STRINGFORMAT doesn't make
a difference in this respect).

FreeTDS entry:

[JazzForum]
        ; development host uses a ssh tunnel to connect
        host = localhost
        port = 1433
        tds version = 8.0

No 'client charset' entry is set.

I don't have detailed information on the tables other than what I can
glean from isql (abbreviated to relevant information):

    +-------------------------+-----------+------------+---------+
    | COLUMN_NAME             | TYPE_NAME | LENGTH     | NULLABLE|
    +-------------------------+-----------+------------+---------+
    | contact_id              | int       | 4          | 0       |
    | name                    | varchar   | 49         | 0       |
    | department              | varchar   | 39         | 1       |
    | userdef_id              | int       | 4          | 1       |

The offending columns are claimed to be simple varchars.

> Also check:
>
> http://www.freetds.org/userguide/nonwestern.htm

I am aware of that document, and already experimented with various
client charset settings to no avail.

I'll experiment with the Easysoft ODBC driver later this week (my
family development-during-the-weekend credit has been used up..).

--
Martijn Pieters