[egenix-users] Re: ODBC encoding problems

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Sun Oct 28 16:39:44 CET 2007

On 2007-10-28 16:33, Martijn Pieters wrote:
> On 10/28/07, Martijn Pieters <mj at zopatista.com> wrote:
>> I am running into an encoding problem, where anything outside of base
>> ASCII charset results in ODBC errors. The same rows can be fetched
>> with isql without any problems.
>
> I am now realizing that mx.ODBC is compiled with explicit FreeTDS
> support. Has this support been compiled in statically? If so, what
> version of FreeTDS has been used?
>
> If a different version than the one on Debian (0.63-3.2) has been
> used,  it could be that the version used by mx.ODBC has charset
> conversion problems.
>
> Other problems may include different defaults set in the driver, or no
> iconv support included.

The included sub-package was compiled against FreeTDS 0.64. It's
dynamically linked to the libtdsodbc.so.0 library.

You should always use the latest available version of FreeTDS
if possible. Their ODBC driver is still in the making and not
as stable as the rest of FreeTDS.

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Oct 28 2007)