[egenix-users] mxODBC on Debian stable

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Mon Oct 22 13:54:41 CEST 2007

On 2007-10-22 12:51, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> Hi Martijn,
>
> On 2007-10-22 12:43, Martijn Pieters wrote:
>> I am going to install mxODBC on a managed Debian box. What packages do
>> I ask the hoster to install for me? On Debian mxBase has been split
>> into several packages, and I'd rather not install any more than I need
>> to. I assume at least the following:
>>
>>   python2.4-dev
>>   python-egenix-mxdatetime
>
> mxODBC (currently) only needs mxDateTime to be installed.

Hmm, looking at

http://packages.debian.org/etch/python-egenix-mxdatetime

it seems they still haven't upgraded to the 3.0 versions of
the mx Base packages.

mxODBC 3.0 should also run with the mxDateTime 2.0 version,
but it's usually better to install the latest stable releases
of the mx packages, since that's the combination of packages
that we use for testing.

>> Any others? The full list of debian packages is:
>>  http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=python-egenix&searchon=names&suite=stable&section=all
>>
>> Note that python-egenix-mxtools is a dependency for all other
>> python-exegenix-mx* packages and get's installed automatically.

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Oct 22 2007)