[egenix-users] hangs: import mx.ODBC.unixODBC

Charlie Clark charlie at egenix.com
Sat Oct 13 12:03:45 CEST 2007

Am 13.10.2007, 08:56 Uhr, schrieb Griff McClellan <griffmcc at comcast.net>:

> Hello,
> I have been using mxODBC 2.0.5 and python 2.3 with no problems for over
> six months.  Suddenly, my python scripts that import mx.ODBC.unixODBC
> don't work.  The problem is that when I import that module, the python
> interpreter hangs.  Further, if I type control-C and then import again,
> the interpreter imports successfully.  Here's a session that
> demonstrates the problem:
> [oracle at lin ~]$ python
> Python 2.3.4 (#1, Jan  9 2007, 16:40:18)
> [GCC 3.4.6 20060404 (Red Hat 3.4.6-3)] on linux2

> ...hanging...^C

If you haven't done anything with Python or mxODBC then the problem won't
be there and my guess is that something has changed with the libodbc.so
you are using. You might try running Python in verbose mode for more
information as to where Python is hanging.

By the way I can't find a record of your licence.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark