[egenix-users] Unicode problems with mxODBCZopeDA-1.0.10

eGenix Support: Charlie Clark support at egenix.com
Tue Nov 27 20:11:53 CET 2007

Am 27.11.2007, 16:14 Uhr, schrieb Jose Rivera Merla
<jriveramerla at gmail.com>:

> *I forgot to include that I display the string with
>         *     <td class="Report"
> tal:content="result/ESPACIO">Espacio</td>
> *where result comes from the Z SQL Method with the SQL command :

Hi Jose,

looking at that line it looks like you're hitting a bug in Zope 2.10's
PageTemplates which should have been fixed in the 10.5 release - I don't
know which Plone 3.0.3 is using.

 From experience there are two quick solutions: either explicitly decode
your values using the .decode() method of your string objects:

result['ESPACIO'].decode('latin-1')">Espacio</td>

As this is a bit clumsy in a template you can use CMFDefault.utils.decode
in a controlling script and everything correctly decoded.

 from Products.CMFDefault import decode

options = {}
options['results'] = results # ZSQL call

return context.template_to_be_used(**decode(options))

This approach is preferable if you have lots of content that might need
decoding

or perhaps easier: use a string expression:

Let us know how you get on.

Charlie

--
Charlie Clark