[egenix-users] Re: mx.ODBC buildout recipe

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Fri Nov 9 11:30:19 CET 2007

On 2007-11-08 18:29, Martijn Pieters wrote:
> On Nov 8, 2007 5:52 PM, Martijn Pieters <mj at zopatista.com> wrote:
>> On Nov 8, 2007 5:31 PM, Martijn Pieters <mj at zopatista.com> wrote:
>>> Also note that it doesn't handle the mxBase dependency, I am relying
>>> on the buildout python already having that installed right now.
>> I spoke too soon. As the mx package is not a setuptools namespace, you
>> cannot install mx.ODBC anywhere else but in the same place. Or vice
>> versa. I'll have to rethink this somewhat.
>
> The recipe now also installs the mx-base packages in the same place.

Thanks, Martijn. I'm sure other users of ZC buildout will appreciate
your work.

I had a brief look at the code: wouldn't it be better to use the
prebuilt packages for mx-base as well ?

Regarding Windows: if it makes things easier for you, we could
also build prebuilt archives for Windows. The installers are the
better approach for system administration purposes, but the
prebuilt archives would work just as well.

A lot of the code in the Recipe looks like boiler-plate code.
Doesn't buildout provide a base class for this ?

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Nov 09 2007)