[egenix-users] ANN: eGenix mxODBC 3.0 Developer Licenses (mxODBC Database Interface)

eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg info at egenix.com
Tue May 29 18:33:08 CEST 2007

          eGenix.com mxODBC 3.0 Developer Licenses Available

eGenix is pleased to announce the immediate availability of developer
licenses for our Python ODBC database interface, the eGenix mxODBC
Distribution 3.0 for Python.

This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:
http://www.egenix.com/company/news/mxODBC-3.0-Developer-License-Announcement.html

INTRODUCTION

The eGenix mxODBC Distribution is an add-on distribution for our eGenix
mx Base Distribution. It comes with mxODBC, our universal ODBC database
interface for Python.

DEVELOPER LICENSES FOR mxODBC 3.0

eGenix is now shipping developer licenses for mxODBC which allow the
integration and redistribution of mxODBC into your products.

    * Make use of the power and flexibility of this cross-platform,
      robust and stable interface and connect to most available
      databases with less hassles, fewer configuration problems and
      great performance.

    * Enjoy the same database interface API on all supported platforms:
      Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, FreeBSD and Solaris.

    * This is true write-once, deploy anywhere !

HOW DOES IT WORK ?

The setup works just like for a regular stand-alone installation of
mxODBC. eGenix will send you the required license files after purchase
and all you have to do, is install them in the product folder.

You can then work on your product and ship the license files together
with the product, so that your customers can use the product integrated
mxODBC just like you do on your development machines.

Once licensed, you don't have to pay eGenix royalties or fees for
distributing mxODBC together with your products.

WHICH RESTRICTIONS APPLY ?

Restrictions are very modest:

    * you must get a proper license for all developer machines and
      developers working on the product

    * the mxODBC version included in the product must be tied to your
      product, ie. it should not be usable outside your product

    * you are not permitted to use mxODBC in a product that would
      introduce competition for eGenix products.

The full legal details are available in the eGenix.com Commercial License
Agreement 1.2.0. Please see the product page for details:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxODBC/#Licensing

TRY BEFORE YOU BUY

You can request 30-day evaluation licenses by writing to
sales at egenix.com, stating your name (or the name of the company) and the
number of eval licenses that you need. We will then issue you licenses
and send them to you by email.

Please make sure that you can receive ZIP file attachments on the email
you specify in the request, since the license files are send out as
ZIP attachements.

PRICING

mxODBC 3.0 Developer CPU Licenses can be purchased in our eGenix Online
Shop at http://www.egenix.com/shop/.

Please see the mxODBC distribution page for details on buying licenses
or contact sales at egenix.com.

DOWNLOADS

The download archives and instructions for installing the package can
be found at:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxODBC/

IMPORTANT:
In order to use the eGenix mx Commercial package you will first
need to install the eGenix mx Base package which can be downloaded
from here:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxBase/

SUPPORT

Commercial support for these packages is available from eGenix.com.
Please see

    http://www.egenix.com/services/support/

for details about our support offerings.

Enjoy,

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, May 29 2007)