[egenix-users] Help with Full-Text Query in SQL Method

Charlie Clark charlie at egenix.com
Fri May 4 18:09:48 CEST 2007

Am 04.05.2007, 16:29 Uhr, schrieb Programmer
<programmer at paradigm-corp.com>:

> This is more of a Zope problem than a mxODBC problem but I thought I
> might try bouncing it here. I have a table where TWO columns must be
> full-text searchable (the reasoning is beyond me!). Additionally, there
> is also several fixed value qualifiers.
> So to test the full-text query I came up with:

This is entirely a Zope problem so please take it up on the zope-db list.
FWIW I never use the <dtml-group> or <dtml-test> stuff as I can never
figure out what is going to be generated. What SQL do you want generated
and what are the variables that you may depend on?

If you do run into difficulty using ZSQL then it's probably worth knowing
that you can call the mxODBCZopeDA via an ExternalMethod giving yourself
complete control over the syntax and passing in variables using the ODBC
syntax. I've posted several examples to the zope-db list in the past.

Charlie

--
Charlie Clark