[egenix-users] Create Table in Access

Greg Corradini gregcorradini at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 19:59:12 CEST 2007

Hello all,
I'm brand new to the mxODBC module from egenix (like yesterday). I currently
use the module for data laundering. I connect to a Microsoft Access .mdb and
perform some SQL queries on tables. Everything is going fine. However, I
can't find out how to create a new table. Even other examples that I've
found on the web that use the "create table" SQL command aren't working for
me. When I run mycursor.execute('create table TEST (nr Integer, val
Integer)'), i get a return value of -1.  I was hoping somebody with more
mxODBC experience could give me a hand with this minor problem. I'm using
Python 2.4 w/ the appropriate mxODBC module and running MS XP OS.

Thanks
Greg