[egenix-users] debug builds of 2.0.6 for python 2.5

eGenix Support: M.-A. Lemburg support at egenix.com
Tue Mar 13 23:47:56 CET 2007

On 2007-03-13 22:25, Howard Lightstone wrote:
> I seem to be having difficulties running mxDateTime debug
> builds.
>
> They build OK but running them leads me to machine faults
> (referencing 0) during the datetime free logic.
>
> It looks to me (naively) that there is a double
> _py_ForgetReference call
>    once in py_DECREF as the object goes out of scope
>  and again in
>     mxDateTime_Free (the object deallocator function)
>
> Since the NON debug versions work, I conclude that the
> debug version zero out the allocated memory so the second
> forget call seems to work.
>
> It may be my debug builds but I am stumped at this point (on
> what to do next and how to debug and embedded  Python
> task).  And of course, all this worked on Python 2.2........

This is a known problem - we never used or supported debug builds
in the 2.0 series of egenix-mx-base.

The 2.1 series fixed this. You can get the latest snapshot
from this message:

http://www.egenix.com/mailman-archives/egenix-users/2006-September/114091.html

Regards,

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Mar 13 2007)