[egenix-users] debug builds of 2.0.6 for python 2.5

Howard Lightstone howard at eegsoftware.com
Tue Mar 13 14:25:05 CET 2007

I seem to be having difficulties running mxDateTime debug
builds.

They build OK but running them leads me to machine faults
(referencing 0) during the datetime free logic.

It looks to me (naively) that there is a double
_py_ForgetReference call
   once in py_DECREF as the object goes out of scope
 and again in
    mxDateTime_Free (the object deallocator function)

Since the NON debug versions work, I conclude that the
debug version zero out the allocated memory so the second
forget call seems to work.

It may be my debug builds but I am stumped at this point (on
what to do next and how to debug and embedded  Python
task).  And of course, all this worked on Python 2.2........

Thanks