[egenix-users] mssql logins

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Wed Jun 20 20:48:30 CEST 2007

On 2007-06-20 17:56, Erik Myllymaki wrote:
> The way I understand it, when using a DSN with "NT authentication" the
> user that logs into mssql is the user that is running the script,
> regardless of what you supply in the connection string.
>
> is there a way around that? i.e. is it possible to use windows domain
> account explicitly in the connection string that will get used to
> connect instead of the yser that is running the script?

This page lists all the possible options for the MS SQL Server
connection string:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa177865(SQL.80).aspx

Sounds like you'd want to experiment with "Trusted_Connection".

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jun 20 2007)
2007-07-09: EuroPython 2007, Vilnius, Lithuania            18 days to go