[egenix-users] [mxTidy/MacOSX] _FreeOutputStream error

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Thu Jul 19 22:15:00 CEST 2007

Andreas Jung wrote:
> I compiled egenix-experimental 3.0.0 under MacOSX using a custom Python
> 2.4.4 interpreter. Running a Zope instance using mx.Tidy fails badly:
>
> ", line 18.2-18.23
>    ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File
> "/Users/ajung_data/sandboxes/plone3.0/Products/SmartPrintNG/configure.zcml",
> line 22.2-26.4
>    ImportError: Failure linking new module:
> /opt/python-2.4.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/mx/Tidy/mxTidy/mxTidy.so:
> Symbol not found: _FreeOutputStream
>  Referenced from:
> /opt/python-2.4.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/mx/Tidy/mxTidy/mxTidy.so
>  Expected in: dynamic lookup
>
> Any idea?

It appears as if the linking against the libtidy.a lib doesn't work
on Mac OS X - these symbols are normally resolved by linking against
the libtidy.a static lib which is created in the build process and
thus don't appear as external symbols in mxTidy.so.

BTW, while I have you on the line: would be nice if you could get
Haufe Group to properly mention and include the licenses of Zope,
Python and all the other tools they use in their iDesk document server.
They currently imply that everything as their own code and even
claim copyright on it in the license text of that product.

That would raise awareness of Zope, Python, etc. a lot due to the
vast number of installations of Taxman and their other products.

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jul 19 2007)