[egenix-users] Passing a value from stored procedure to python?

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Mon Jan 22 11:12:08 CET 2007

On 2007-01-22 02:13, Griff McClellan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to pass a value from a stored procedure or function to the calling
> python script.  Nothing I have tried has worked.  I am using mx.ODBC.Windows
> with Oracle 10g on Windows XP.
>
> Can someone show me how a value, say 66, can be passed from a stored
> procedure/function to a python variable?

You have to create a result using SELECT. mxODBC doesn't support
output parameters from stored procedures, but it does support
multiple result sets, so this is well possible, even if you have
more than one output parameter that you wrap into result sets.

Regards,

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jan 22 2007)