[egenix-users] Zope shutdown after "Could not rollback the transaction" error

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Mon Jan 22 11:07:33 CET 2007

On 2007-01-22 08:53, Nico Grubert wrote:
>> That's a strange error message since AFAIK Filemaker does support
>> transactions. The fact that Zope shuts down may hint to a core dump
>> in the ODBC driver you are using. Since the ODBC driver is loaded
>> into the Zope process as shared library, a core dump will have
>> the effect of shutting down Zope itself as a result.
>>
>> In order to get more detailed information, you'd have to turn
>> on ODBC level logging in the ODBC manager you are using
>> (probably unixODBC).
>
> I turned on ODBC level logging in my ODBC manager (unixODBC) and there
> are a lot of messages written to the log file. Unfortunately, I cannot
> see any error messages in the log file related to the error message that
> Zope throws out when stutting down and restarting.
>
> Zope error message:
> -------------------
>  eGenix mxODBC Zope DA: WARNING:
>  <Products.mxODBCZopeDA.ZopeDA.DatabaseConnection "DSN=myTestDB" thread
>  1082132800/1082132800 at 0x2aaaac7a4a70> could not rollback the
>  transaction - the data source does not support transactions; this may
>  result in data inconsistencies !

If the ODBC driver causes a core-dump then it's likely you won't
see anything special in the generated log files. The end of the
log should however hint at the location of the core dump.

Could you send us the file ? Perhaps we can see something hinting
at the problem you are having.

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jan 22 2007)