[egenix-users] Zope shutdown after "Could not rollback the transaction" error

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Fri Jan 19 10:33:27 CET 2007

On 2007-01-19 09:00, Nico Grubert wrote:
>> In order to enable logging at the ODBC driver manager level,
>> please follow these instructions:
>>

>> 1. edit the odbc.ini file that defines the data source
>>    you are using (usually /etc/odbc.ini or ~/.odbc.ini)
>>
>> 2. add two trace options to the data source in question:
>>
>> [MyDataSourceName]
>> Trace = On
>> TraceFile = /tmp/odbc.log
>>
>> 3. restart Python and run a query on the connection
>>
>> You should then see the /tmp/odbc.log file fill up with
>> ODBC call trace messages. Error messages from the ODBC
>> driver should also appear in this file.
>>
>> In some cases you also have to edit the file
>> /etc/odbcinst.ini (or ~/.odbcinst.ini) and add a section:
>>
>> [ODBC]
>> Trace    = On
>> TraceFile= /tmp/odbc.log
>

> Dear Marc-Andre,
>
> thank you for your fast reply.
> I use unixODBC and I changed /etc/odbc.ini and /etc/odbcinst.ini.
> according your instructions. I restarted my Zope Server but
> unfortunately there are is neither a /tmp/odbc.log file created nor are
> any messages written to this file after I have created it manually.

In that case, it's possible that the odbc.ini and/or odbcinst.ini
files are stored somewhere else on your system.

EasySoft should be able to tell you where to look and how to
enable tracing. This is what they have to say on their web-site:

http://www.easysoft.com/products/data_access/odbc_odbc_bridge/manual/APPXtechref.html#540101

Looks much like my description...

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jan 19 2007)