[egenix-users] Mac OS X compilation issues

Charlie Clark charlie at egenix.com
Tue Feb 27 19:41:14 CET 2007

Am 27.02.2007, 19:17 Uhr, schrieb Giovanni Luca Ciampaglia
<ciampagg at lu.unisi.ch>:

> Hello list,
> I'm trying to compile psycopg on Mac OS X 10.4 on a Mac Intel machine,
> but it
> seems like there's a problem with the configure script.

Hi Giovanni,

a couple of things - you are not getting an error from mxDateTime so this
question should really be directed at the psycopg list but you probably
will get errors as mxDateTime is currently not fit for Python 2.5.
However, the problem you have is here:
checking for PQconnectStart in -lpq... no

configure can't find a PostgreSQL library.

Don't worry about the PPC architecture. The default for Python on Mac OS X
is to build fat binaries that inlude both PPC and x86 binaries. This has
no performance implications for your application.

Good luck

Charlie