[egenix-users] Egenix - Zope / MySQL - floats losing 'behind point' info

eGenix Support support at egenix.com
Wed Feb 7 13:23:59 CET 2007

Am 07.02.2007, 12:33 Uhr, schrieb Robert-Reinder Nederhoed
<rr at nederhoed.com>:

> Good day,
> When I perform from Z SQL (see attached image):
>   select 0.1
> The result is:
>   0.0
> Setup:
>   Zope 2.9
>   Python 2.3.5
>   mxODBCZopeDA 1.0.10
>   MySQL 4.1.13
> This does not happen when we query our DB2 database.
> Anyone a suggestion on the cause of and cure for this phenomenon?

The fact that you get the error with one database and not the other
suggests that the problem is with the database or more likely the database
driver rather than mxODBC. mxODBC is entirely dependent upon the data
structures passed to it by the ODBC driver and unfortunately not all ODBC
drivers are equal or conform properly to the standard. The documentation
for mxODBC is extensive and you can test at a low level directly from
Python to see exactly what the ODBC driver is passing over. You may be
able to solve the problem with a small change in the configuration of your
ODBC driver or perhaps by using a different ODBC driver for yout database.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark

Try mxODBC.Zope.DA for Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Solaris, FreeBSD for free!