[egenix-users] mxodbc and DataDirect driver manager

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Fri Aug 31 00:59:18 CEST 2007

On 2007-08-30 23:17, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> On 2007-08-30 21:28, Sean Davis wrote:
>> I have a third-party database provider that provides a driver and DataDirect
>> driver manager.  I have tried using their driver with the unixODBC driver
>> manager with poor results (got junk output, lack of output from queries).
>> With other clients (perl and RODBC), I have been able to simply point the
>> lib and include directories to the DataDirect directories and recompile.  Is
>> this possible to do with mxODBC?  For what it is worth, the other clients
>> seem to recognize the DataDirect driver manager as "unixODBC-like".  Any
>> suggestions?
>
> This is possible, but since we don't ship the source code, we'll
> have to do this for you.
>
> Which database driver and database are you referring to ?

One thing you should try is pointing the mx.ODBC.unixODBC package
at the DataDirect ODBC manager:

mxODBC.so links against the libodbc.so.1 lib provided by unixODBC.

According to this page:

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.dc00190_0500/html/edi50ig/CHDDJCJA.htm

the DataDirect ODBC driver provides a libodbc.so file.

Simply adding a link from libodbc.so to libodbc.so.1 may be all
you need to do.

cd <DataDirect directory>/lib
ln -sf libodbc.so libodbc.so.1
ldconfig

You can verify the correct setup by doing a:

ldconfig -p | fgrep odbc

Then give mx.ODBC.unixODBC a try and see whether this works. If not,
we can port mxODBC to the DataDirect manager as suggested in private
email.

Regards,

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Aug 30 2007)