[egenix-users] Help Understanding mx.ODBC Error

Greg Corradini gregcorradini at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 14:31:29 CEST 2007

Hello All,
A few weeks ago, I wrote two scripts using mx.ODBC on an Access DB. Among
other things, both scripts create new tables, performs a query and then
inserts the tables with data in a dictionary that I've uploaded from
elsewhere. These scripts have run hundreds of times in the last few weeks
with no problems.

But recently they continue to bail on the *mycursor.execute('An SQL
Statement')* after the table has been created. I get the following error
message:
*Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Documents and Settings\marv1shi\Desktop\Workspace\Existence
Script\DBF Checker\Access_SQL.py", line 35, in ?
curse.execute(sql)
ProgrammingError: ('07001', -3010, '[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access
Driver] Too few parameters. Expected 4.', 4612)*
**
The real stinker, however, is that after it bails I can manually call *
mycursor.execute('An SQL Statement')*, then call my insert statement* *in
the Python Shell and it works fine.

I just can't figure out how to reconcile this problem. Has anybody run into
this before?

Thanks
Greg Corradini