[egenix-users] Problems with number of results being returned

Dev Sen DEV.K.SEN at saic.com
Thu Apr 5 15:28:43 CEST 2007

Hi,

This is my first post to the list, so I hope my question isn¹t too naïve.

I am developing a database app in Zope/Plone using MySQL with the egenix DB
adaptor on a Mac Pro. So far everything with the adaptor has been good,
although I am now having strange issues. I have some queries which return
around 5,000 rows of data. When I run the query with parameters so that only
1200 or so rows are returned there is no problem, however, for larger result
sets I get an error saying the connection to the database was lost. Another
developer working on the same project (identical code, software versions)
but running Windows XP doesn¹t have this problem at all. Also, running the
queries directly in MySQL works fine. Therefore we think it has something to
do with the Mac OSX version of the egenix DB adaptor.

Has anyone seen this behavior before? Is this a known bug?

Thanks,

Dev K Sen
Safety and Risk Section
Space Technologies Operation, SAIC