[egenix-users] Python 2.5 binaries for windows of the various MX packages

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Fri Sep 22 12:01:55 CEST 2006

Moof wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Any ideas when the 2.5 binaries for windows for the various mx pyton
> extensions will come out?

We're currently planing to release a new version of both egenix-mx-base
and egenix-mx-commercial in the next few weeks which will also support
the new Python C API after PEP 353 was applied in Python 2.5:

http://docs.python.org/dev/whatsnew/pep-353.html

We've put up a Windows installer for Python 2.5 up on the
web-site:

http://www.egenix.com/files/python/eGenix-mx-Extensions.html#Download-mxBASE

However, I suggest you use the current snapshot of egenix-mx-base,
since this is already close to the new release which will use a new
version number:

http://www.egenix.com/files/python/egenix-mx-base-2.1.0_20060922.win32-py1.5.exe
http://www.egenix.com/files/python/egenix-mx-base-2.1.0_20060922.win32-py2.1.exe
http://www.egenix.com/files/python/egenix-mx-base-2.1.0_20060922.win32-py2.2.exe
http://www.egenix.com/files/python/egenix-mx-base-2.1.0_20060922.win32-py2.3.exe
http://www.egenix.com/files/python/egenix-mx-base-2.1.0_20060922.win32-py2.4.exe
http://www.egenix.com/files/python/egenix-mx-base-2.1.0_20060922.win32-py2.5.exe
http://www.egenix.com/files/python/egenix-mx-base-2.1.0_20060922.zip

Note that the eGenix mx extensions 2.0.x are *not* compatible
with Python 2.5 on 64-bit platforms. This is due to the PEP 353
changes.

You'll run into similar problems with lots of other C extensions
for Python. Most of them will need to be updated before the compile
with Python 2.5.

> Thanks,
>
> Moof - currently planning 2.5 upgrade path

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Sep 22 2006)